28 January 2009

Whew!

Hey guys! I thought I'd get back into posting regularly after my visit to SC a few weeks ago but as luck would have it I came down with a horrible cold! My germ infested relatives were nice enough to share with me and now both Will and I are hacking and sneezing all over the place. I was pretty much out of commission all of last week, moving between the bed and the sofa and back to bed again. It was horrible. I'm still not 100% better although I'm not quite as sick as I was last week. Now I'm in that itchy throat, cough-until-you-gag phase and it's almost impossible to go anywhere because I never know when I'm going to have one of those coughing attacks and well, gagging in public is a bit embarrassing!

Our visit to SC was pleasant. We exchanged Christmas gifts with my side of the family, went to my nieces 2nd Birthday party, visited with relatives and came home in a timely manner! I didn't get to do any thrifting while I was down there, so that was a bit disappointing but I kind of expected that. It seems like there's never enough time to get it all done when I go back home! There's always friends I didn't get to see, places I didn't get to shop and food I didn't get to eat. lol

In other news, it looks as if we're planning a little family vacation in March and we're heading to Florida. Will, as you all know, is in the Air Force and this year (like in 2003) Disney is doing a special promotion for military families. The active duty member receives a 5-day Park Hopper pass for free and up to 5 of his dependents or friends can get 5-day Hopper passes for $99!! So, it appears as if we'll be heading to Florida in March and we're taking my parents, sister and niece with us. Oh, and our two doggies. We're looking to rent a house (hopefully with a pool!) and we'll be there for at least a week. I'm going to try to persuade Will to take me down to Sanibel Island while we're in Florida too but I'm not sure if he'll go for that. And my mom and sister have both already talked to me about their desire to spend at least one day while we're down there at thrift stores! Wooot! Thank goodness we're driving because I plan on loading up on tons of fabulous goodies should we happen to find decent thrifting spots!

So, that's about it from here in snow & ice-covered Maryland. I need to venture out today and pick up a few things for my Etsy business and maybe do some thrifting. I hope you all are doing well. And I hope I can get around and visit everyone soon. I miss my blogging friends!!

No comments: