09 February 2011

Hello 2011, I'm late as usual

Wow, already in month two of 2011 and I'm just now getting around to blogging. I have no excuses other than my life is not very exciting right now and I have nothing substantial to write about. It's much the same as it was 6 months ago, only I'm in love, and my future is very promising. I'm still hunting jobs, still hunting for housing, the ex has orders to move to freaking NORTH DAKOTA this year, I'm a bit saddened by the fact that I'm still jobless and soon to be homeless, but hey, let's not dwell on the crappy parts, okay?


My holidays were meh. The 'doggies' bought me some pajamas and a robe and a really nice camera bag for the camera I received last Christmas. My stocking was filled, my belly was fully, it wasn't as sucky a day as I anticipated. I spent the night with my guy, we had such a wonderful evening even with the absence of gifts and decorations and hoopla. It was a perfect ending to what I was sure was going to be a sucky day!


After Christmas, my mom, sister, niece and my sister's girlfriend came to Maryland to visit. Their visit wasn't that great, which was surprising, but it was short and they had a nice time thrifting and then they went snowtubing one afternoon. I spent much of their visit with a huge jaw ache which made me incredibly miserable but I tried to medicate myself to a point where I was pain-free but still able to function. It only sort of worked.

January was filled with afternoons spent driving around looking for rental houses, a day trip to Pennsylvania, lots of hours spent in the car just hanging out with my guy talking about our future. We celebrated his 40th birthday by doing a day trip through the countryside of Virginia and West Virginia and dinner at Ruby Tuesday. Pretty low key.

I've been busy the last week or so trying to go through and set aside items that need to get out of my office/home and find new houses. I've listed stuff on Etsy but I've also set up a new blog for items that I don't wish to sell on Etsy -- Vintage Whimsy's Tag Sale. Of course, that blog is empty now but hopefully I'll get lots of goodies listed there in the next day or two.



Btw, these pictures have very little to do with anything related in this post. It's just random pictures I've taken in the last month or so. lol The cow above was from a farm in Pennsylvania -- when we came down the road, we stopped the car & I rolled down the window and started 'moooooooooooing' at the cows and they all came running over!! There are some pictures of the puppies in the snow, some tins that I'm destashing on Etsy, the animal bedspread which recently sold on Etsy and then a nice little birdie embroidered tablecloth. Lol completely random pictures.


1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Welcome back! Life sucks sometimes but it will get better! Glad you have a friend to share it with!