08 August 2008

So...

I found a thrift store yesterday morning as we were leaving a restaurant where we had breakfast. I made a mental note of the location and after the husband left for work, I drove back over there. Now, someone please explain to me how a thrift store that doesn't price ANYTHING works, because I'm sort of confused. I mean do you just ask the price of each item? Do you just tell them what you're willing to pay? lol It was so confusing. And junked up and crowded with too much stuff so I left without buying anything. There are 2 more thrift stores close to my hotel and I am going to check those out tomorrow. I'm really hoping they are better than the place yesterday!

My husband is heading back to DC tomorrow and spending the weekend there so I'll have some time alone to explore the city. We went into some stores today and I could not believe how expensive things are out here. I mean there is no way in you-know-where that I'd pay $184.00 for a pair of jeans. Even if I were a billionaire. I am just too cheap for that! My favorite parts of the day were going into these stores that were having sales and seeing things on the sale rack that were marked down - final clearance- for over $150.00. I'm talking just a plain cotton button-down shirt. Damn things better be sewn with 14k gold thread for that price. Good grief.

Oh, and there aren't any Wal-mart or Target stores near here. I found a K-mart yesterday so I'm assuming that's where all the regular (read: not billionaires) shop. The K-Mart was a lot bigger than the ones back in Maryland so that was nice.

The weather has been crap pretty much all day. It started storming last night and continued most of the night. We had a small break in the clouds around 11:00 and it was nice for a few hours but by 3:00 it started raining again. We've been here at our room relaxing most of the afternoon so that's been nice. I am IN LOVE with this area, despite the ridiculous price of clothing, and I could see the husband and I moving somewhere like this one day. The temperature is fabulous out here. I love it being chilly at night and warm (not hot) during the day. Our suite has a fireplace so it's nice to sit here at night with the windows open and the fireplace going!

So, that's about it for now. Here are a couple of pictures we've taken over the last few days. Check my other blog Wesbound Wandering for more pics!!

Barn Mormon Row

Grand Tetons

2 comments:

Robin said...

oh the pictures are beautiful! Thank you for stopping by my blog! I loved reading through yours and finding out you are a girl after my own heart! Have a terrific trip!

Sarah and Jack said...

$184 is plain ridiculous, no matter how "rich" you might be.