24 September 2008

Busy, busy!

You know, I had every intention of coming back last Friday and posting pictures of all of my thrift store goodies. Really I did. I took the pictures and everything. Then the husband got home from his trip to Tennessee and we had to start packing our bags for our one-nighter trip over to WV the next day and before I knew it, I just ran out of time.

Saturday we drove over to Will's hometown. It's about an hour and a half from where we're living now so it's nice that we're closer to his side of the family. As we were getting into his town, I saw TONS of yardsales. UUUGH! I knew we weren't going to stop at any of them though so that was slightly disappointing! We spent the day with his family and came home Sunday afternoon.

I had planned to get up Monday morning and be at the VV thrift store when it opened at 10:00 but I just wasn't feeling it that day. Instead, I went to Trader Joe's and did some grocery shopping and came home. I think I'm getting sick because I have had oh, like, ZERO energy for the last 3 days. The weather has been fantastic and I should be outside enjoying it but I just want to crawl into bed and sleep for about 30 hours!!

Tomorrow is the husband's birthday! He's turning 32 and I have still got to go to town and pick up a card, a cake, and his present. He has been nagging (yes, men nag too!) me about going to Medieval Times for the last 5 years so I told him earlier this year that we'd go for his birthday. I bought tickets to that yesterday so we'll be having dinner at the castle tomorrow night. That's not the gift I need to go buy, by the way. No, I need to go to Lowe's and try to decide which big tool chest/rolling cart thingamajig he wants. And then I get to try and load that sucker up into the back of my SUV. This is going to be FUN!!

I just looked at the pictures I took of all of my thrift store finds last week and they look horrible so I need to retake those before I can post them. I will try to get to that later today but for now I need to attempt to get dressed and go run errands before I lose my motivation and end up taking a nap!!

No comments: