02 September 2008

Greetings from Arkansas

Do y'all have any idea how glad I am to be back in the South? Probably not, but let me assure you that I am dang happy! I had fried okra with my dinner tonight. It's probably my favorite vegetable ever! Oh, and sweet tea, thank the good Lord. I normally don't drink sweet tea (I mean I grew up drinking it but stopped because of the calories!) but there was NO WHERE in Jackson, WY that served sweet tea so I definitely ordered some with dinner tonight. Just because I could! It was fabulous.

Anyhow, no thrifting today, though I was tempted to try and locate thrift stores in the big cities like Amarillo and Oklahoma City, but my desire to get to eastern TN outweighed my desire to do any thrifting in those places. Shocking, isn't it? I can make up for it tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday morning though because I'm pretty familiar with the area in P.F. and Gatlinburg and know where lots of good antique stores and flea markets are. YAY!

Well, that's all. I am exhausted and I should've been sleeping like 3 hours ago but I'm addicted to the internet and had to catch up on everything!

No comments: