10 March 2009

The Epitome of Laziness

Have you ever had a day where you didn't get a single thing accomplished? I'm sure you have. We all have days like those. Today was definitely one of those days for me. See, when Will is gone (and especially when he's out of the country) I just do not sleep well. At all. Last night was ridiculous. I was awake until 1:30 waiting for him to finish his shift (lol, I just typed sh!t but caught myself) and for him to get back to his hotel room and give me a call. After we talked, I couldn't get comfortable. I tossed and turned for hours, evidently disturbing Marty because he let out a loud sigh, which I'm guessing meant I needed to stop moving! I kept waking up like every 30 minutes the entire freaking night.

Will called me at 6:45 this morning to ask me a question regarding the Leonidas purchase he was about to make. He was trying to ask me which was more important, the box or the candy, to which I replied "What the hell does that mean?". I'm not very nice when I'm woken up that early. He asked if I'd rather have a fancy box or more chocolate. What kind of question is that?!? LOL Did he really expect me to say "oh, I want the fancy box for sure" Silly husband. So, we get off of the phone and I doze off again. It was peaceful.

Until he called me at 7:30 to ask me how many packages of chocolate covered Belgian waffles I wanted. Oh, dear Lord, just buy a couple and be done with it. It's not rocket science or anything. I appreciate the concern and all but at 7:30 in the morning, I just don't freaking care. I just want to have an hour of uninterrupted sleep. I told him two just so I could get off of the phone. I fell back asleep until 8:45 and then Scarlett (who had been patiently waiting several hours for me to wake up) finally jumped on top of me and let me know she needed to go out immediately.

So, my morning officially started at 9:00, because I consider myself to be completely non-functioning until the coffee is brewed and I'm on my second cup. I sat here in my office, emailed back and forth with my Mama for a couple of hours and then went back to bed at 3:00 for a much needed nap. The doggies let me sleep until 6:30! It was pure bliss. I don't usually take 3.5 hour naps but Will is in transit from Belgium and he isn't supposed to arrive back in DC until after midnight. It's looking as though it will be another late night tonight for the two of us so I wanted to go ahead and get some sleep in before he got here!

As you can clearly see, I've accomplished nothing today. I hate feeling like I've wasted a whole day but it was just unavoidable today. Will has been gone since Wednesday night of last week (minus those 7 hours he was home on Sunday) and I just haven't slept well in a week. I'm not quite sure how I used to manage him being gone 2 or 3 weeks at a time. I guess the exhaustion just takes over after a while!

I think I'm going to go have a cup of coffee and wait for another email from the husband to let me know their status. Isn't technology wonderful? I love that I can send and receive emails with Will while he's flying at 35,000 feet somewhere over the ocean!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think days where you get nothing done are needed though! I've had those - and they are really relaxing!

kana said...

Enjoying your blog and hoping your hubby made it home safely and with some good chocolates!

Heather said...

Hoping your hubby makes it home safely!! I completely understand where you are coming from. My husband isn't away from me all that often but when he is I can NOT sleep at all!! But hey- lazy days are necessary once in awhile!!

Heather:)