04 October 2008

Redecorating

I don't know about you guys but I feel like we are constantly redecorating this house. Which I don't mind one bit, by the way. I look forward to changing out accessories with the seasons. I blame it on being a Gemini. I honestly could not live with the same accessories, day in day out, for 12 months at a time. I get bored very easily.

I went to 3 different Targets this week. As many of you probably know, Target is having a HUGE clearance sale. HUGE. The stores around here marked down things to 75% off yesterday. Of course I spent the majority of the money on Thursday. Go figure! I totally scored though. I found a king sized dark brown velvet quilt for less than $18. The matching shams were $4 each and then brown "silk" curtains were $13 each. Yes, I know it sounds like a lot of brown but it's going to look fabulous once I pull it all together. And I have to admit that brown isn't a color I'd usually pick to decorate with.

I attempted to pick out paint colors today while the husband and I were at Home Depot. I'm kind of tired of looking at these white walls. At our house in SC, the first thing we did after closing on it was to start painting. Every room was painted. And then we moved to Maryland and rented a house and all of those walls were white. And we couldn't paint. So, although I'm used to living with white walls, I do want to paint here in our new house. I can't find a color I really love though. I need to keep the walls neutral because I do change out the accessories and slip covers with the seasons and need everything to match. I'm thinking a nice sandy color will work.

The weather is nice this weekend so I need to go tomorrow and pick up some mums and other fall stuff to decorate the porch. The husband has been busy today building a section of privacy fencing and he'll finish that up tomorrow hopefully. This weekend has been much better than last!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't ya just love Target!!! Your brown velvet comforter sounds yummy! I can't wait to see it all pulled together. I am so into brown right now. It is pretty with so many colors, blue, green, red, yellow....brown is a great neutral. I couldn't believe the pillows I found this week. It really pulled my room together. Have a nice rest of the weekend.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Barbara said...

Did someone say redecorating? I move the furniture so much I have to call my husband before he comes home so he won't inadvertently trip over something that wasn't there before. Have fun!

Island Child said...

Paint that room pale pink! It's a cheery color, paint the furniture white so it looks clean, neat, and crisp! Then post pic's so I can see how it looks!
genie