28 July 2008

My obsession with polka dots continues!

Last week after I ordered my new luggage (which *just* arrived!!) I was out doing some shopping and ran across cute polka dot make-up bags at Wal-mart. There was a set that had bright dots and then another set that had some browns mixed in. I chose the latter of the two and just hoped it would sort of match my luggage. Then a few days later I was at Target looking for a lunch box and ran across one that has the same color dots as my make-up bags! Wahoo!!

I have been so busy the last couple of days trying to get everything done but here I sit, about 16 hours before I leave and I have about eleven billion things to do still. At least my luggage arrived on time so I can start packing my clothes here in a few minutes. I already packed my little lunch box for tomorrow and that's in the fridge. I started packing my picnic basket too and I am going to pack the small cooler later today. Will is brining out the big cooler with all the meats on Saturday so that's one less thing I have to worry about.

I didn't really get much accomplished yesterday since we had to take the dogs down to NC to meet my parents. The drive took a lot longer than we thought due to really slow drivers on the way down and torrential downpours on the way back up. Then we both took a much needed nap once we were home. I started packing up some toiletries last night but I still have more to do today.

I cannot believe that the time has finally come and that I leave tomorrow. It seems like it was just April like last week!! I honestly thought I'd be more prepared than this but what can I do? I'm just going to roll with it and hope for the best.

Ooh, I started a new blog just for my trip. I didn't want to clog this one up with a bunch of travel details so I hope you all will stop in and check out the new one. I'm going to post tons of pictures and info on the new one but I'll still post here when I have something fabulously "vintage" to share too!! I didn't have a lot of time to make it look all fancy so please overlook that if you stop by! Here's the link: Westbound Wandering I think the title describes perfectly how this trip is going to go- I have no real timeline, no real schedule I'm going to follow. Just gonna mosey around and hopefully end up in Jackson sometime next weekend!

2 comments:

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

It is such a small world! You were raised about an hour and 20 minutes from me! Wishing you much success on your trip! Can't wait to follow your blog and see the miles you travel! This is going to be an adventure of a lifetime! Are you planning to do any "thrift shopping" on the way??? If so, I am really, really jealous! LOLOL!

Wishing you safe travels, too!
Take Care of yourself!
Hugs, Rhonda :)

Heather said...

Thank You so much for stopping by my blog!
I had to read back through your posts to see what this trip is all about.......oh my goodness! What an adventure you are in for!!! You are a brave woman- I think I would be too scared! I'm a big chicken though! I pray for your safe travels and that you see and have a ton of fun!!! I will be following your other blog!
Be safe!!
-Heather :)